Making scrolling textures is simple inside 3ds Max. Here are the steps to make a texture scroll:
- Create a Standard Material
- Apply a diffuse Bitmap to the material
- Press Autokey in the Max timeline
- Move the timeline slider to frame 30
- Open the Bitmap (above) in the material editor
- In the Coordinates rollout, change the U/V offsets
- Export the Material to Source
Doing these steps will add a block of code into the VMT that looks like this:
- In Max, the default time setting is 30 fps.
- The speed of the scrolling is determined by how far the texture moves in one second.