Source 2 Engine

Wall Worm now supports some Source 2 formats in version 6.0+. Support is limited to the Counter-Strike 2 formats of Source 2. At this time, features are limited to exporting into Source.

Some useful links on getting started:

Current features that are supported:

Missing Features

• VMAT Importer
  • VMDL Loader
  • VMAP Importer
  • More...

WW does not yet support loading VMDL and VMAT files from the game engine. This means that the workflow of loading existing game materials and models into Max is not yet available for Source 2 as it is in Source.

Important Information on CS:GO

Valve has ported Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to Source 2 and removed the Source version of CS:GO from Steam. As such, projects previously set up for CS:GO in Wall Worm can cease to work as expected when Steam updates on your system. This is an unfortunate situation for some users.  Understandably, some users will be frustrated and expect their projects to work as they have for years. Despite the frustration, I ask that users do not direct their frustration at me or Wall Worm, as it will not make me be able to complete the addition of Source 2 support any faster. I've been actively supporting this community since 2010, and I intend to continue my work on Wall Worm--I just don't have the time to devote specifically to Wall Worm since moving my career to Autodesk. At this time, Wall Worm is a weekend project for me.

Latest Articles

VMAP Exporter

Posted on Mar 2, 2024 | Last Updated Mar 2, 2024

The Wall Worm Level Exporter can export 3ds Max scenes into Source 2 VMAP files.

Read More

vmap, source 2, hammer 2, level, map

PBR Material Support

PBR Material support in Wall Worm.

Read More

pbr

Source 2 FGD Parser

The FGD parser in Wall Worm supports Counter-Strike 2 to create game entities inside 3ds Max.

Read More

fgd, entities, parser, entity, cs2, counter-strike 2

VMDL Exporter

Exporting VMDL files from 3ds Max into Counter-Strike 2.

Read More

vmdl, vmdl_c, source 2, export, wwmt

Using Legacy CS:GO with Wall Worm

How to revive a project started in CS:GO after the update to Source 2 in Counter-Strike 2.
Posted on Oct 7, 2023 | Last Updated Mar 2, 2024

Instructions on using Wall Worm Projects configured for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive after the release of Counter-Strike 2 on the Source 2 engine.

Read More

csgo, source 2, counter-strike 2, wall worm

Newsletter Subscription