Gmod and Wall Worm
Set Up Wall Worm for Garry's Mod after Steampipe
This page details the steps to set up Wall Worm for Garry's Mod after the Steampipe updates. Please install Wall Worm 1.9518 or later before taking these steps.
Copy the gameinfo.txt
- Open Windows Explorer and browse for the mod folder for the mod you are using for Gmod. For Counter-Strike Source this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike .
- Copy the gameinfo.txt file found in your mod directory above and paste it into the mod folder for this mod in Garry's Mod. For Counter-Strike Source this will be something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\cstrike
Import the Garry's Mod Settings
Now you can import your mods into the WW settings. The items with an asterisk are optional (but a good idea if you also want to have seperate settings in WW for your mods. Take these steps:
- *Open the Garry's Mod GameConfig.txt file in a text editor. This file is usually located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin
- *Change the name label of each mod so that you can easily distinguish this as a GMod setting. For example, change the line that says "Counter-Strike Source" to "GM Counter-Strike Source"
- *Save the GameConfig.txt file and close it
- In 3ds Max, click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Settings
- Click the Import button at the bottom right of the Settings UI
- Browse for the GameConfig.txt file you may have edited above (or download this version: Edited Gmod GameConfig).
- From the presets select box, scroll to and select the GM Mod entry.
Edit Some Path Settings
The default settings for the compilers and paths that were imported with the GameConfig.txt file above do not work correctly with Gmod and Wall Worm. You can edit the WW Settings as follows.
- The Bin Directory in the WW settings must point to the mod's bin directory and not the GMod bin directory. Change it to the bin directory for your mod where the Valve compilers are located. For Counter-Strike Source this is something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin
- Edit the Game Info Directort to point to the mod's folder inside Garry's Mod. For Counter-Strike Source this is usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\cstrike (which is where you should have copied the gameinfo.txt file to earlier)
- Now Save this as the GM preset.
After you compile a level, it should appear in a folder like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\cstrike\maps . However, although this appears to be the correct path, Gmod doesn't have access to this by default. So you may have to copy your map from this folder into the gmod maps folder which is usually something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps
- It may be possible that this copying step is due to some missing configuration or step that I am unaware of.
- You may also have to copy other assets in a similar way if they do not appear in GMod.